top of page
grieving mother and daughter

If you've lost a family member and are the Executor or Personal Representative of an estate, you may feel overwhelmed. We help people deal with legal issues after their family member has passed away. It is a very trying time, and we understand. We make sure the estate of your loved one is settled smoothly, without surprises or additional burdens.




Trust and Probate Estate Administration


If you are the Executor or Personal Representative of an estate, you have legal requirements you must fulfill. The Executor or Personal Representative can be held personally liable for inaccuracies or judgments that arise from a probate administration. Therefore, it is crucial to have an experienced probate lawyer working with you. We will work to facilitate estate administration responsibly and efficiently while reducing the strain you experience. 

“Legal practice in the Probate Court is restricted by law to attorneys who are licensed by the Supreme Court of Ohio. Due to the complexity of the law and desire to avoid costly errors, most individuals who have filings before the Court are represented by an attorney. Court employees are prohibited by statute from practicing law and cannot give legal advice.” 

–Franklin County Probate Court Website

Estate (or Trust) Administration 

Proper estate planning is a critical element to preserve assets for the future and for probate avoidance purposes. However, if a trust is not administered promptly and properly when the trustmaker dies, the time, expense, and possible tax benefits of the estate planning may be lost or diminished and the intentions of the trustmaker not realized.

The trustee of a trust has statutory and fiduciary duties to the beneficiaries and is held to a high legal standard. The trustee is financially responsible for the failure to perform his or her duties to the required legal standard. It is important for a trustee to understand the scope of this responsibility and the proper performance of his or her duties as trustee. Contact the experienced lawyers at Philipps & Graham for advice and counsel with respect to your obligations as trustee.

bottom of page